Looking for a fabulous recipe that has the sweet taste of the Fall season? Try out this flavorful pumpkin ravioli from Midwest Living. This sweet and savory dish serves 4 and only takes 40 minutes from start to finish.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Grated nutmeg (optional)
- For filling, in a medium skillet cook onion and garlic in 1 teaspoon hot butter over medium heat about 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine the 2 tablespoons parsley and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary. Cover and pulse until mixture is finely chopped. Add pumpkin, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, the onion mixture, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Cover and pulse until just combined.
- Working with 2 wonton wrappers at a time, top each wrapper with a scant tablespoon of the filling. Brush edges of wrappers with water; fold one corner over filling to meet the opposite corner, forming triangles. Press down around filling to force out any air and to seal edges well. Cover filled ravioli with a dry kitchen towel while filling remaining wrappers.
- For sauce, in a large skillet heat the remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and the flour into the butter; cook and stir 1 minute. Add the milk all at once; cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat; stir in the remaining 1/4 teaspoon rosemary. Cover and keep warm.
- Cook ravioli in gently boiling water 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, gently stirring occasionally. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to serving plates. Spoon sauce over ravioli. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and, if desired, toasted almonds, additional parsley, and freshly grated nutmeg.